Village Square Apartments - Tenants
If you wish to notify us that you will not be renewing your lease at the end of your lease term, each person who is named on the lease will need to fill out and subit the following form no later than 30 days prior to the expiration of your lease;
This form is submitted electronically. Please follow the directions on the form to review, sign and submit.
Your rent is due on the date stated in your lease (usually the first (1st) of the month). Do not confuse this with the past due date (usually the fifth (5th) of the month). All rents are considered late if not RECEIVED by the DUE date. If rent has not been received by the past due date, a late fee as per your lease agreement will be charged to your account.
We do not waive late charges. Fair Housing laws require that we treat all our residents equally. We cannot decide if one resident is more deserving than another of paying late charges, therefore we enforce late charges across the board.
We define an EMERGENCY as a situation which presents a health and safety danger to people or property.
There are few emergencies. However, should you have a maintenance emergency you can call our office 24 hours a day at 407-288-8283. If you have a valid emergency, someone will contact you as soon as possible to assist you. Stay by your phone and off the line. (Examples of emergencies are flooding, heater not working, fire, gas odors, etc.) NOTE: Non-emergency calls will be handled the next business day. We prefer all maintenance requests to be in writing through your tenant portal, with the exceptions of emergencies. For fire, medical, or natural disasters, call 911 first!
It is strongly recommended that all residents carry enough renters insurance to cover themselves and their personal property. The owner’s insurance only covers the structure; none of your personal belongings are covered. For example, if a water pipe were to break and flood your home, the owner’s insurance would only cover the damage to the structure and would not replace or repair any of your belongings. Please consult an insurance agent for specific details for this valuable coverage; typically the cost for renter’s insurance is very affordable.
VEHICLE REGISTRATION FORM
Village Square Apartments Parking Rules and Regulations
Parking in the Village Square Apartments parking lot is limited and as a result, restricted to Village Square Residents who are listed on the lease only. Each apartment is guaranteed one exclusive use parking space with each unit in the parking lot. Spaces are limited for a second vehicle and may not be readily available. If a second parking space is unavailable, we have a waiting list based on a first come first serve basis. Please refer to your lease documentation for detailed rules and regulations regarding parking at Village Square Apartments. If you are planning on having a vehicle in the Village Square Parking Lot, it must be registered with Community Management and must also display a Village Square Parking Permit Decal issued by management. Please click on the following link to be directed to our vehilce registration form;
*** ONLY ONE VEHICLE PER SUBMISSION ***
We try our best to accommodate current residents who wish to transfer apartments within our communities however due to the demand and waiting lists we have for apartments, we have had to adopt the following polices for current residents wanting to transfer to another apartment within the same community;
- Your tenant account must be current with no monies owing including any and all fees.
- A $75 transfer coordination fee will be due and payable prior to transfer agreement being prepared.
- A security deposit equal to one months rent will be due and payable prior to transfer agreement being prepared.
- An inspection will be made of your current apartment upon move-out and should the apartment condition upon move-out be left as per the attached guide, your security deposit for the first apartment will be returned to you.
In order to receive your security deposit back in full, you will need to ensure the apartment is thoroughly cleaned including the steam cleaning of carpets and left in a state that will be acceptable for a future tenant. Below is a list of specific items you will need to attend to.
PLEASE NOTE: THE PROPERTY SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY CLEANED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN MANAGEMENT HIRING A CLEANING TEAM TO FINISH THE JOB PROPERLY, FOR WHICH THE PAYMENT WILL BE HELD FROM THE TENANTS SECURITY DEPOSIT.
Carpet , Flooring, Tile and Grout
- Needs to be thoroughly cleaned and steam cleaned in all areas of the home with any spots, stains and dirt removed.
Walls, Banisters, Doors and Doorways
- Marks and fingerprints need to be removed throughout the apartment
- Appliances, cupboards, and cabinets should be cleaned inside and out as well as behind appliances.
Skirting/ Base Boards
- Should be cleaned in all areas of the home
Windows and Mirrors
- Should be cleaned
Window sills and Light Fixtures
- Need to be dusted and cleaned
- Any holes in the walls from nails or fixtures need to be filled and painted. Please contact onsite maintenance for touch up paint.
Fixtures (Light and Fan)
- Need to be dusted and cleaned
- Should be cleaned thoroughly
A/C Unit and Vents
- A new air filter should be installed as well as all air vents both return and supply (in the ceiling and walls) dusted and cleaned.
- All rent payments must be current and up to date.
Properties belonging to the apartment and/or Landlord should be left in the apartment, such as fixtures and appliances. Please make sure you do not leave any personal property in the apartment and all garbage should be removed from the premises upon departure.
Please feel free to contact our customer service representatives by email to firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any additional questions about our transfer policies.